- POV Remembers Jonathan Demme
The illustrious director passed away at 73 in New York.
- POV Documentary 'Hooligan Sparrow' Wins a Peabody Award
Hooligan Sparrow, which had its national broadcast premiere in on PBS' POV series in 2016, has won the 2016 Peabody Award.
- Eight Independent Documentaries To Stream for Free This Spring
Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- An Inside Look at a World-Class Film Festival Made and Run By Students
Behind-the-scenes at the Ivy Film Festival, one of the largest entirely student-run film festivals in the world.
- POV's Original Snapchat Documentary Is a Webby Awards Finalist
POV's Snapchat Films Series, the first films created specifically for the platform, has been nominated for a 2017 Webby Award.
- POV's 'Hooligan Sparrow' Honored at Special Screening for 2017 George Polk Awards
POV's 'Hooligan Sparrow,' which won the 2017 George Polk Documentary Film Award in February, was honored at a special screening at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) yesterday evening.
- POV Nominated for 4 Peabody Awards
POV has received 4 nominations for the 76th Annual Peabody Awards.
- 6 Films to Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Celebrate the diversity of identities that has enriched the country's history and explore with your community the stories created by, about and for Asian Americans.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Leigh Johnson
In the third edition of Enter the Edit, our guide will be 2017 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Leigh Johnson.
- Fellowship, Residency or Lab – Which Is Best for Your Project?
For both established and emerging mediamakers, fellowships, residencies and labs provide various types of support for the development and completion of your project.
- Featured Event: Evanston Public Library screens 'All the Difference'
Join Evanston Public Libary for a free screening of 'All The Difference' as part of Evanston Reads: The Other Wes Moore.
- POV Acquires Second Oscar-Nominated Short '4.1 Miles' for 2017 Broadcast on PBS
An Academy Award nominee in Best Documentary (Short Subject), the film joins Joe's Violin as one of two Oscar-nominated shorts debuting on the public television showcase's 30th season.
- Camera, Lens, Drone! The Documentary Gear to Keep, Add or Remove From Your Kit
The basics of documentary storytelling don't change all that much, but the tools for creating films evolve.
- POV Acquires Oscar-Nominated Short 'Joe's Violin' for 2017 Broadcast on PBS
Music Connects Holocaust Survivor and Bronx Schoolgirl in Film Nominated for Academy Award in Best Documentary Short Subject
- 4 Films to Open Dialogue Around Refugees
As the nation's policymakers debate how to respond to refugees, community members may seek out resources that help open dialogue around the issues.
- American Documentary | POV Kicks off 30th Anniversary Year With New Board Chair, Sundance Premieres and More
Celebrated documentary institution American Documentary | POV announces new board leadership and initiatives coinciding with the organization's 30th anniversary.
- Understanding the Colombian Peace Process Through Documentary Film
The nonfiction films that illustrate some of the main causes of the Colombian armed conflict and its peace process.
- An Ode to Google Sheets: Creating a Basic Library and Taxonomy
Never underestimate the power of spreadsheets when organizing a project and setting up a system.