- How It All Began: POV Founder Marc Weiss Talks About The Series' Beginning
POV's founder and first executive producer Marc Weiss writes about the hopes and challenges of creating an entire television series dedicated to independent documentaries.
- POV Season 30 Film 'Last Men in Aleppo' Makes Academy Shortlist for Documentary Feature Oscar
Feras Feyyad's 'Last Men in Aleppo' has made it to the shortlist of 15 films being considered for the Documentary Feature Oscar for the 90th Academy Awards.
- America ReFramed’s 'Class of ’27' Wins Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Award
The acclaimed documentary Class of ’27 has won an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award for broadcast journalism, announced by Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- When History is Silent: Overcoming Trauma Through the Restoration of Cultural Memory
As November wraps up, we'd like to honor it as Native American Heritage Month by exploring the themes of history, memory, and trauma in two recently-broadcast America ReFramed films.
- A Poignant Follow Up to 'Almost Sunrise'
"Voices of Resilience: Insight From Injury" short film further explores moral injury
- Three POV Films Nominated for Film Independent Spirit Awards
Three POV films have been nominated for the 2018 FIlm Independent Spirit Awards, announced today by Film Independent.
- American Documentary Announces New VP of Finance and Business Affairs
American Documentary welcomes Kristal Choy, the latest to join as VP of finance and business affairs.
- Season 30 Film 'Last Men in Aleppo' Receives Critics' Choice Documentary Award for Most Innovative Documentary
POV's Season 30 film Last Men in Aleppo received the prize for Most Innovative Documentary at the second annual Critics' Choice Documentary Awards.
- POV Wins News & Documentary Emmy® Award for 'Thank You for Playing'
This was the fourth consecutive year that a POV film received an honor from the awards showcase.
- Stream POV's 2017 Emmy-Nominated Films
In celebration of the 38th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards, four of the 12 Emmy-nominated POV documentaries from last season will be available to stream online at pov.org/video until October 16, 2017.
- Collaboration in the Edit Room: Maya Mumma Shares Her Co-Editing Process
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Maya Mumma about collaborating with mutiple editors on a film.
- Did the Great American Eclipse just inspire someone to make your next favorite film?
What to watch after tuning into the Great American Eclipse.
- Featured Event: 'Soldiers of Conscience' at the Avalon Branch Library
Join the Avalon Branch Library for a free screening of "Soldiers of Conscience" on July 26, 2017.
- The Intimacy and Intersectionality of 'Memories of a Penitent Heart'
Cecilia Aldarondo talks about the importance of intimacy when telling a story, especially in a way that embraces what intersectionality should look like on screen.
- Three Classic Documentaries from the POV Archive to Watch in 2017
'The End of the Nightstick,' 'Rabbit in the Moon,' and 'William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe' are available at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- Enter the Edit: Developing Mentorship in the Documentary Editing World
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Penelope Falk, an award-winning editor with over 15 years of documentary experience.
- How to Use POV Assistant: Our Chatbot for Facebook, Amazon and Google!
Get vital information about PBS's POV with our chatbot as it grows in its features and capabilities.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 1: Creative Use of Archival Footage
Joseph Krings, Mary Lampson, and Maya Mumma in conversation with Ashley Clark examine creative approaches to editing with archival footage.