- Critical Acclaim for 'Brimstone & Glory'
“[Brimstone & Glory] deftly captures the skill, passion and peril behind the fireworks, as well as the love of a family whose livelihood is rooted in this booming trade.”
- Featured Event: POV Documentary Nights Presenting Princess Shaw
Join the North Port Public Library in North Port, FL for a free screening of ‘Presenting Princess Shaw’.
- 8 Tips for Boosting Turnout at Community Screenings
We asked our resident engagement experts for their advice on how to pack the house at your screening.
- PRESS RELEASE: Still Tomorrow | Defying Social and Cultural Norms, a Rural Poet Captures a Nation’s Attention
Yu Xiuhua, a secluded poet made famous by social media, is on a search for meaning in a life marked by numerous struggles.
- Critical Acclaim: 'The Workers Cup'
“If we choose to pursue these ideas further, we may find ourselves questioning how our allegiance to the adrenal thrills of sports can help hide darker truths about the companies, countries, and organizations we throw our allegiance behind.”
- Featured Event: “Revolution '67” at the Detroit Historical Society's Summer Film Series
Join the Detroit Historical Society in Detroit, IL for a free screening of ‘Revolution ’67’.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'Whose Streets?' | Tracing a People’s Movement
Told by the local residents and activists on the frontlines fighting for justice, equality and an end to police brutality, ‘Whose Streets?’ is an unflinching look at the Ferguson uprising and the movement that followed.
- POV Interview: Lindy Lou on the Death Penalty Debate, Activism and Forgiveness
An interview with Lindy, the subject of “Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2”, after her visit to Washington, D.C. to attend a screening organized by death penalty abolitionists.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'The War to Be Her' | A Young Female Athlete Fends Off the Taliban
In one of the most dangerous places on earth, where the Taliban maintains a substantial presence, a young woman faces obstacles to pursue a simple passion: sports.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2' | Deciding the fate of a murderer
If you kill a murderer, do you become a murderer as well? Lindy Lou Wells Isonhood asks her granddaughter this question, while explaining the role she played on a capital jury.
- Featured Event: 'Brimstone & Glory' with the SPACE Gallery
Join the SPACE Gallery in Portland, ME for a free screening of ‘Brimstone & Glory’ followed by a discussion with their artist-in-residence, Justin Favela.
- Featured Event: 'Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2' Screening and Talk-Back with the Abolitionist Action Committee and Death Penalty Action
Join the Abolitionist Action Committee in Washington, D.C. for a free screening ‘Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2,’ featuring a live talk-back with Lindy Lou Wells.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'The Workers Cup' | The sacrifice of migrant workers for the World Cup
A glimpse of the massive stadiums and infrastructure projects now being built for the 2022 games in Qatar.
- Featured Event: 'Of Men and War' Screening with the Delaware Municipal Veterans Mission Court
Join the Delaware Municipal Veterans Mission Court in Delaware, OH for a free screening of ‘Of Men and War’.
- POV to broadcast Sundance Favorites '306 Hollywood' and 'Minding the Gap' for 31st Season
“The films we are planning to finish out our 31st season with are powerful examples of how documentary can reexamine and reanimate lives past and present.”
- Critical Acclaim for 'QUEST'
“‘Quest’ speaks volumes about working-class life and the necessity of community, parenting, perseverance, speaking out, speaking up, hope.”
- PRESS RELEASE: 'Brimstone & Glory' | Viktor Jakovleski’s Visually Stunning Documentary Reveals the Grandeur of Tultepec’s National Pyrotechnic Festival
Brimstone & Glory has its national broadcast and streaming debut on the PBS documentary series POV and pov.org on Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10 p.m. (check local listings).
- American Documentary Launches Artist Emergency Fund Aimed at Providing Financial Assistance to Filmmakers Facing Unexpected Personal Hardship
To date, this is the first fund of its kind dedicated to supporting nonfiction filmmakers.